95 Stepside daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered rotors, pads, wheel seals. Got calipers local because of the core charges. Went to install it all today an got hit with a big surprise. The PO put LD spindles on it an just jammed the rotors on with the nut backwards so they could get a cotter pin in it. Probably pretty lucky with what little we drove it there wasn't a major issue since it was only running on the outer bearing.

So now I gotta order spindles and new bearings. Probably going to do new upper arms an the dr side lower since all the boots are trashed but they only replaced 1 arm.

This "good deal" isnt so good anymore. I hate people.... :mad:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ordered rotors, pads, wheel seals. Got calipers local because of the core charges. Went to install it all today an got hit with a big surprise. The PO put LD spindles on it an just jammed the rotors on with the nut backwards so they could get a cotter pin in it. Probably pretty lucky with what little we drove it there wasn't a major issue since it was only running on the outer bearing.

So now I gotta order spindles and new bearings. Probably going to do new upper arms an the dr side lower since all the boots are trashed but they only replaced 1 arm.

This "good deal" isnt so good anymore. I hate people.... :mad:
Yup, I hear you! Every time I look at my Burb, I see all the poorly installed parts that I'm going to have to take a lot of time to put right, and the reason I took it to the collision repair shop I used, was that they were more reputable and skilled than several other shops I could have gone to. The only good thing, is they wasted Allstate's money instead of mine.... Several guys who work there have older GM trucks including some 400s. I expected better....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took 2 days to finish it up an a few trips to the pull a part but it's pretty much done. Wound up have to replace the axle hard lines an both to the front hoses because they broke or cracked when I loosened them for the rubber line replacement. Had some trouble getting the abs to cycle an get it all bled out but I think we are close. Going to bleed the corners one more time tonight. Then it needs an alignment bad, my eyeball one is waaayyy off lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice looking Sportside, I like the wheels! Are the stands you have it sitting on, 2x4s? That looks like something easy to make, but obviously sturdy enough to hold the truck!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been driving it a good bit. We added a Bluetooth Amp hooked into the factory speakers the other day an left the factory radio in place for appearances.

Had to replace the radiator in it too. Just to bad gummed up.

He got the windows tinted the other week. So far so good after all the other work. He swears it still has a misfire but I never notice it. I think he's just to picky for the sh*tbox life :lol:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rust keeps on giving. One of the few rear brake lines I didn't replace broke last week. I didn't mess with it because it had already been done in generic parts store line. Got that fixed an the brakes bled. The fuel return line was also leaking so picked up some hid used lines from the fuel filter to the TBI since that was the bad side. Starting trying to replace them an it broke on the tank side. Of course it was full of gas an made a huge mess.

I hot wired the pump at the relay an like 2 hrs later had about all the gas drained into our other vehicles. Now I get to try an drop the tank an see what surprises await me there. I'm betting this turns into replacing a bunch of stuff too :doh2: