94 Suburban K2500 Noob - Suspension, Transmission & Engine Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the Hydroboost unit behind the Master Cylinder uses p/s pressure for brake assist and they tend to develop leaks and if left to fest, like mine was before I bought it, ruins the control arm bushings.

neko_tensai

Reaction score
from what I can see, the control arm bushings are toast anyway. They are intact, not many miles left of them though. I got a gallon of power steering fluid and I will keep it topped off. Curiously, it hasn't needed any for a while now. That's the 1 fluid I didn't check immediately after purchase...

All my tune up parts, sensors, filters arrived. Just need plugs and wires. I'll check driveline fluids and baby it for a while so I can get caught up with other things.

What is the best thing I can do for the tbi to keep it running smooth? Any basic things or basic adjustments? Any cleaners that'll help?

Calvinator

Reaction score
I have a 95 Suburban C2500 I have been working on myself.....

Your TBI is all computer controlled. No adjustments to do. There are 6-8 sensors that the computer uses to control your engine and keep it running smooth: IAC EGR MAP ETC O2 TPS. Read up on them and what they do. They are easy to change and are not expensive. Only get AC Delco parts.

There is a TBI spray cleaner you can get for $7 and 20 mins of your time. I just cleaned my TBI and it was worth it. First couple of sprays I was seeing dark stuff come off the injectors. I didn't notice any improvements, other than knowing my TBI was maintained and cleaned.

A sensor that has driven me nuts is the TPS, throttle position sensor. This sensor is mounted on the throttle body and provides a signal to the computer as to how far the throttle plate is open. The computer will then determine when to shift the transmission based on signals from this TPS. I would experience hard shifts and sometimes check engine come on. Every year, it seemed this TPS would act up, I would buy a new one from the parts store and put it on. UNTIL, I bought an AC Delco TPS. My hard shifts all went away. I chalk it up to the AC Delco TPS has a more precise signal to the computer than the chinese stuff from the parts store. Anyways, i bring this up because you mentioned hard shifts --- look into the TPS.

neko_tensai

Reaction score
The first part I bought was a TPS sensor. The second was an air filter.

The hard shift and high idle was fixed after the ECU was reset by a welder who unhooked the battery.

I have most of the sensors and tune up parts sitting here ready to put in. Seems like the engine is good.

Not sure how to address the rust spots on the roof, other than that I think everything is ok! I'd like to pressure wash the underside, I sprayed wheel cleaner on some areas and the undercoating is well intact.

Only the few rust spots are annoying and that damn click click click from under the glove box. Also, the power steering was very low and making GRRRRR Grrrrrr noise until I topped it off, but seems to be a slow leak from it.

QUESTION: Does this have a rear sway bar? I hope not. If so, I want to disconnect it. I want it gone. I didn't see one...

QUESTION: I cut the front sway bar links out. I would like to totally remove the sway bar. Is that simple? Should I get a set of disconnects with those straps? I don't like zip ties on the unhooked sway bar as it is now and I will not be reconnecting it. It seems like I can just unbolt and pull it out.

IAC Cant find on Amazon (totally confused what to do now lol)
EGR Ok... Cant find on Amazon (totally confused what to do now lol)
MAP got it
ETC ??
O2 got it
TPS got it

I will put in all parts thus far. I guess a serpentine belt would be wise.
Then I'll get the HydroBoost/Power Steering leak checked and have all drive line component fluids checked.

Then I will go into the mountains again.

Last edited: