'94 Sierra K2500 HVAC Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was this ever looked at? All I see is in your post #2 that it "fixed itself" - things don't fix themselves. :)

Richard
This is true! It temporarily "fixed itself" because, as I recall, the weather got warmer, which must have loosened the old, sticky grease and allowed the mechanism to work.

I didn't look into anything beyond that, though, primarily because life got really busy and I simply didn't have the time. The thing is, this truck doesn't get driven enough for it to be much of an issue, so repairing things like this sits kind of low on my list of priorities (it can sit parked for 2-3 months before I have the chance to even look at it sometimes).

But now that I do have a bit of free time, and I also have to repair the wiring for the headlights, this would probably be a good time to check, clean and relubricate those sliders.

c

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful with 'em. They're kind of delicate assemblies. Two of them, comprised of two stamped metal pieces each, with a spring in the middle and likely to be globbed with old, hardened lube and fuzz. The actuator you're concerned with is the one on the far left of the HVAC box, which is just above the left side of the transmission hump. Your factory stereo "brain box" (silver unit) may obstruct the view a bit.

My suggestion is lay down some newspaper so you don't wreck your carpet, and spray some WD40 in there and gently work the sliders back and forth until they free up. Carefully wipe off any excess WD and then spray a little fresh white lithium grease in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard