94 Sierra 383 Motor Swap Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
I'm working on a customers vehicle who wants a new drivetain installed in his '94 GMC Sierra reg cab 2wd short box truck. He's after the following:
-383 500HP small black fuel injected FAST EZ EFI
-Performance trans and convertor
-Upgraded diff with posi and gears
-Full exhaust
-Be Cool rad
-Performance gauges

Has anyone done any swaps related to this? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Anything related to re wiring for all this, fuel system, trans and rear diff, etc etc.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
500hp....:lol:

A 6L LSx swap would probably cost less and be infinitely more tuneable/fun to drive.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
Thats it thats all folks?? Anyways. Decision is made for a Shafiroff 427 EFI Small Block. Upgraded 4L60E. Upgraded diff etc etc etc. No one else doing any performance builds? Am I on the wrong site??

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
your basically going to be pulling everything out untill you have a roller truck and starting from there. your motor mounts will line up, might have to move the trans cross member, but not much. a 94 had tbi wiring and if i were you id find an EFI wiring harness and go from there. id upgrade to an external fuel pump. your biggest concern is just switching engines and wiring. the truck came with a 4L60E, so no big issues there. as long as your new gears fit the old rearend youll be fine. just start building and if it doesnt run, trouble shoot. seems simple to me. just a couple of late nights.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
427....followed by a 4L60E?! Those trannies had problems holding up to the 350s, are you sure you wanna put it behind a 427??? I would go with the 4L80E, it's the tranny most often seen behind the 395 TD's....the upgraded 4L60E will most likely have the tougher components like the 4L80E, but with a lighter-duty case. If he's gonna be raw-hiding it alot, I'd want the heavier-duty 4L80E case.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
Yes it uses the FAST EZ EFI kit. And I'll be using a TCI EZ TCU trans control setup. When I say upgrade the 4L60E I mean full tilt boogie everything done to it short of very expensive 300M input shafts. Considering this is a truck with zero weight in the back traction will be non existent. Now if it were gonna be seeing a lot of track time with slicks then durability would be an issue. http://www.ultrastreet.net/engines/427_realstreet_efi.asp#hhr This is the link to the motor. It will be the 565HP 575ft/lbs torque HHR version. Now should I try and run the stock tank and tiny pick up sender unit and a drop in Edelbrock HP fuel pump ? Or a fuel cell wiht seperate pump? Also has anyone used Hooker 1 3/4" 2461HKR headers? It's gonna get 3" dual exhaust. Maybe FLowmaster super 44's..?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sound's like great plans, but I agree, even with a built 4l60e the only thing faster than your 1/4 mile times will the exploding 4l60E.