94 Extended Cab Build (very slowly)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you planned on painting it black but I think leaving it white could be nice too, considering the 454ss came in white too. Also is the black grille your getting going to be the older style or same as your 94?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You sir, dont understand concept of sleeper...

Actually I do, but i wasn't really paying attention and was hoping you wouldn't catch that lol.

AF Reg, instead of sleeper, say a "looker, with reserve power"........a sleeper would be the opposite....it'd be like a v6-styled mustang with full race internals....but with the plain jane looking outside.

The first sleeper I built was off a 4dr 57 210 sedan........I actually tried my hardest to run the quietest exhaust setup because hiding that 292's exhaust thump is a major PITA. I didn't go all fancy with the body either, it was about 25% POR-15 :D

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I know you planned on painting it black but I think leaving it white could be nice too, considering the 454ss came in white too. Also is the black grille your getting going to be the older style or same as your 94?

Oh, I learned something new, didn't know the SS came in any color other than black, those are the only ones I've seen.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Oh, I learned something new, didn't know the SS came in any color other than black, those are the only ones I've seen.

It was only in the later years, they came in black, white, red. and you could order any color interior, i think it was 92/93 only.

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am leaning toward leaving it white now, the black grille will be the new style. Wasn't sure if the old body would bolt up?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck looks like it is coming together nicely man!!

I actually tried my hardest to run the quietest exhaust setup because hiding that 292's exhaust thump is a major PITA.

I've always wanted to build a true sleeper, something with a mean thumping gas slurping N/A 500 ci Cad under the hood with a T56 behind it, with a plain jain dime a dozen 4 door body. Then have duals y'ed into 4 pipes with an electronic cut-out. Have one set of pipes really muffled, so you couldn't even hear the exhaust, then have the other set straight piped. So when you fliped the cut-out it would let that beast roar. lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
The truck looks like it is coming together nicely man!!

I've always wanted to build a true sleeper, something with a mean thumping gas slurping N/A 500 ci Cad under the hood with a T56 behind it, with a plain jain dime a dozen 4 door body. Then have duals y'ed into 4 pipes with an electronic cut-out. Have one set of pipes really muffled, so you couldn't even hear the exhaust, then have the other set straight piped. So when you fliped the cut-out it would let that beast roar. lol
this is a sleeper IMHO

You must be registered for see images

Stock looking truck, but had a 540 BBC and was running 11.08 1/4 mile.

You must be registered for see images