94+ Chevy 3500HD clip on 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know of thread or or site that describes the steps for a 94+ Chevy 3500hd front clip conversion for a non hd truck? I love the beefy look of HD trucks, just sexy IMO. I've been searching for months on Google for at least a picture of this conversion, but nothing. I went to my local pick a part today and they just got a HD truck. I noticed a few differences such as: bumper supports, bumper brackets, and a 2.5''-3'' piece of steel that is welded onto the radiator support. Anyway, any info that can help me is much appreciated.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The frames on the trucks are shaped different for hd, the spacer between the grill and bumper is in there as a necessity im not sire how the put it on a 1500

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You would have to lower your bumper to make it work. The HD truck have a 2" taller frame. The only difference on them is the spacer under the grill.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
The only difference on them is the spacer under the grill.

I don't get the point of the whole front clip.

Why not get the grille, lights, and filler piece and make it work with what you already have with a 3" body lift?