94 5.7 to 97 Vortec swap confirmation on some items know the bascis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is a 94 k2500HD 5.7 with the 4l80e

Ok I know all the basics of this swap but just want a confirmation on some extras from the experts before I put the money down as I can't get it back. I have already done a lot of research on this and have already bought a set of Vortec heads for my motor last year. Was thinking my issues were from the guide seals from the truck sitting before I picked it up but think the motor is hurt worse than that now and needs a rebuild. Just purchased some body parts from the local salvage yard and found out that they have a 97 vortec there sitting there already pulled out that I should be able to pick up for $600. Really don't have a way now to to get y block to the machine shop as I now the wife wouldn't like me putting it in either new car. Figure pick this one up and build the other one slowly. I had thought of already turning the 94 into a roller motor and I believe that is really the only difference besides the injection system, and I was just going to swap all of the TBI items onto it and yes I know what I need, just not wanting to do rewiring.

So the question is. Is there any reason, (my thinking mostly is sensors) that swapping everything over TBI wise that it would need? Or that it would not work? Need to put a down payment on the motor until my taxes are back so they will hold it for me if I'm going this route. I'll post up setup options later as I've been already researching doing the Vortec head already and already have a lot of ideas of how I'm setting it up.