93 Z-71 starts then went dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Encoreman

Reaction score
Hi guys, I replaced fuel pump about 10 months ago, I don't drive this much may have put 4,000 miles on in 10 months. 5.7 TBI. About a week ago I chose it to drive into town and started it up and went to unlock gate and it went dead, tried to crank it and wouldn't start and no noise from fuel pump, I just left it and left for town in another GMT. When I got back I reached thru the hole in bed floor as I just cut an access hole and thought the connector wasn't hooked up good so I unplugged and plugged back up and it started. I left it run for 5 minutes. Now fast forward a week, this morning cranked up fine and went dead in about 20 seconds, tried again no noise from fuel pump, wiggled wires and nothing. I pulled the fuel pump as I figured it was bad, I put 2 in my 97 2dr Yukon. Came home installed new pump and again no noise no start up. I noticed when I replaced fuel pump last August that there was a separate ground wire to frame and to the fuel pump wiring harness. I replaced fuel pump relay with 1 I bought last year in hopes that pump was ok, still nothing. The fuel pump fuse 20A on firewall I have no power on either side, when should it get power? How to test relay? I don't have a scanner, but do have some rather large hammers if needed. Thanks for any ideas, old truck with older owner. Mac

Encoreman

Reaction score
Tried the paper clip trick, got code 43. Knock sensor circuit. I forgot about that, memory older than truck. LOL The wire plug in got messed up, will this keep truck from not cranking or getting power to fuel pump?? Thanks