93 RCSB Build... Not sure if it will be quick or slow yet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the new polyurethane body bushings installed yesterday as well as the new door pins and roller pin. I can't believe how easily the drivers door shuts now!!!

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Work in progress... prior to the body bushings and door pins. Hope to get more bodywork and Cal-Vu's done soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the 15's plasti-dipped... just a temporary thing.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just went to the gun range today and my truck has a mysterious symptom... 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears are easy to shift into, BUT... 2nd & 4th feel like there is a spring trying to keep it out of me putting it in gear. If the clutch is in, it will pop right out of gear. With the clutch out... it will hold gear. :hmm:

I posted up in the Transmission section to see if I can get any input on this one, because I have zero clue unless it is a motor mount or trans mount going bad....

Hope it is something simple!!!

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled the shifter last night...

A stamped steel piece broke. Unfortunately, it appears that the transmission has to come out and be split open to replace it.

It looks like the piece will have something to do with self-centering of the stick.

Here is what I found...

Here is what it should look like on both side... I think... I also believe there should be a plastic clip on the left side like there is on the right.

I am calling around to see how much I am looking at to get it fixed... If it is outrageous... I may start shopping for a 5.3/6.0 and a T56 setup :hmm:

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, been away for a little while. Work, and my wife's demands have kept me pretty busy... I have a buddy that owes me a favor since I did some locksmith work for him... turns out he has a transmission shop so it will be going in pretty soon to get the 5-speed gone through and a new clutch put in it. After that... back to business!

Here is what my wife has made me spend ALL my money on lately...

Then we put a 4" lift on her...

Then wheels and tires... Yep.. she had to have all 5 match... wtf...

SO... there better be no more bitchin about my truck!!! :)

Last edited:

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AND.. we are FINALLY off to the transmission shop! Hoping it will be reasonable on the rebuild... if not I am either going to start shopping for a t-56 behind the existing power plant or a Full LSx conversion. If we go LS... we will wait probably another 6 months to afford what it will entail... Wish me luck!!!

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some news... The NV3500 will be rebuilt and be going back in the truck with a new clutch. For now... (I am going to keep my eye out for a 6.0/4L80e):rocking:

Just ordered some UCA's from "NORCAL SS" and am looking forward to getting them put on and cutting 1/2 a coil on the front to get another inch or so out of the front. Will get some pics up for you guys as soon as I get my truck back and start putting some new stuff on it.