92 2500 6 lug 4x4 NV4500 built SBC ext cab short box long term build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the 3.5” custom exhaust welded up by a pro! It took two 90 degree mandrel bends, four 45 degree bends and $400 in labour for welding instal with nice hangers. Left the exhaust shop with a little burnout, banged 2 and second gear, onto the highway and as I let out the rear driveshaft rear yoke broke and the driveshaft left the chat! Not from too much power obviously but because of previous damage to the driveshaft from the bent rear crossmember I bent straight a few weeks ago. When the truck that raised up the driveshaft was contacting the crossmember at top out. I fixed it but the damage was done. The good thing is that it didn’t happen drag racing at 550 Hp and 120 mph on the turbo.

Added the pic of the Merrell boots by accident but they are the best! Highly recommended! Got two new pairs for a good price. I wear them all the time except when I lace up the Redwing work boots.

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpeg
    IMG_6553.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6543.png
    IMG_6543.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6551.jpeg
    IMG_6551.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome back from your long ass hitch! Lol
Just in time for the first big t-storm of the year!!!

How does it sound?
Meet expectations?
Bluetooth driveshafts are no fun. Did you drive it home on the front wheels?

I just picked up a pair of Merrell's on Sunday, Moab speed mids, beat your deal though....FREE courtesy of WCB, and picking up a free set of boots today, will be over $500 worth of freebies. Well a busted ankle and shoulder paid for it I guess! Lol

What's the next step in the truck project???

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome back from your long ass hitch! Lol
Just in time for the first big t-storm of the year!!!

How does it sound?
Meet expectations?
Bluetooth driveshafts are no fun. Did you drive it home on the front wheels?

I just picked up a pair of Merrell's on Sunday, Moab speed mids, beat your deal though....FREE courtesy of WCB, and picking up a free set of boots today, will be over $500 worth of freebies. Well a busted ankle and shoulder paid for it I guess! Lol

Yup I was under throttle when it felt like all neutral. I stomped the gas a few times to confirm then coasted to the side of the highway. Hopped out, jumped under the truck and sure enough no driveshaft, jammed it into 4x4 and drive home without an issue as it was only 5 min. Just need to add new fluid to the t case as that’s gone lol.

It sounds underwhelming, I should have known. The 160 Hp TBI 1:8 engine just isn’t making the music. A 350-370 Hp SBC with roudy cam, 7000 rpm ability, and a GT-45 turbo will be a whole different animal.

It sounds fine, but it will be a sleeper with the turbo, until it hits boost. I wanted it this way, I’ve got close neighbors and my Buick shakes thier house when I pull It out. I try to keep the noise down but it’s aggressive. The turbos are noisy even off boost.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may actually put the truck away soon and work on my 02 Yukon that had the broken axle during winter. It’s a pretty easy job to fix it and I have a buyer for it so I’m leaning that way. If the rear driveshaft installation goes well I will cruise the 92 till august but I’ve pretty much met my goals so far for this spring on the 92. It still needs cab corners but it’s sure come a long way in a short time. New Or rebuilt suspension Front and rear, 3.5” lowering, all new brakes, tie rods, bearings, balljoints etc. it’s just a lame duck with the 160 Hp TBI 350.

The Yukon is a lot of fun it has long tube headers and dual 2.25” exhaust sounds great but not like a SBC! Had the 2012 truck out today and I let the horses ring out! Cammed L-96 with long tubes and dual 3” and that’s sure a noise most people appreciate.

My Yukon with the 5.3 long tubes and 2.25 duals is just obnoxious, and loud without the muscle car sound. I’m thinking of swapping a 6.0 into the Yukon if I don’t sell it.

Twice now I’ve had 6.0 on the stand to swap in but I seem to get offers I can’t refuse. And when an engine runs so well it’s hard to tear it down!

Last edited: