90 to 88 gmc axle swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littlered

Reaction score
I have a 1988 4 wheel drive gmc. I recently came across a 90 gmc 4 wheel drive with a posi rear end, and a much tighter front end than that in my own. I am using the 90 as a parts truck (mainly for the engine) but am now planning on swapping the front and rear end as well (because the body and frame are rotten on the donor). Is there any tips or tricks that i should be aware of before I start? or any traps that im bound to fall into?

Do most of my mechanics work under my fathers wing but this project is all my own so any help you guys can give would be awsome!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
swapping front end is pointless, once you take off stuff then you may as well replace it, steering box and shaft would be ok but things like ball joints and such wouldnt. both should hav RWAL if anything theres nothing all that omplicated about the earlier trucks so you should be fine with swapping whatever you need, just remember some things are better off replaced instead of swapped.