90 k1500 starting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i had a buddy of mine lose my truck keys and he drilled my column. Well to no avail we didn't get it started and I ended up having to replace the tilt column because we drilled into some rod that turns a gear/pushes rod into the switch.

Well long story I bought a used 1988 tilt, cruise column with keys off eBay, slap it in and now my truck won't run, it will start over and over. Fire up and die within 2-3 seconds.

I did get it to run after starting it a few times but after 5-6 seconds it shut off

However when I turn the key I have dash lights, no gauges, no power assecoroes or radio etc.

I noticed when it did start my fuel gauge picked up now when I turn the key back and forth none of my gauges read anything.

Possible bad ignition switch, harness plug,

When I swapped columns the "new" column had a connector that was split in two I plugged it in and don't see a issue with it, nor does it do anything when I wiggle it around while cranking