88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Dave, I ran into a similar issue trying to get the GM center caps on my eagle alloys. What I ended up doing was using four GMT 800 dually lugs and four duplex GMT 400 lugs on each wheel.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Gregg, I'm confused by what you mean.

My situation is the GMT800 covers are longer, but the threads inside don't go in any longer. I need (and have found, more expensive unfortunately) the GMT400 length chrome covers.

I know on my 88, the 8-lug SRW eagles I have I had to use the GMT800 covers with the GMT400 caps for the threads to reach the lug.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sexy truck for sure man one day I will get all the mechanical stuff straightened out on mine and then I'm stealing some of your styling ideas.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I know this is is off topic but when you change out your grille i see the GMC corner reflectors are different than the chevy.... where did you get yours??

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Sexy truck for sure man one day I will get all the mechanical stuff straightened out on mine and then I'm stealing some of your styling ideas.
I have a few more mechanical things to work on as well, nothing major just a few things not quite up to par. One day at a time right?

All the trucks are looking awesome dave :waytogo:
Thanks!

I know this is is off topic but when you change out your grille i see the GMC corner reflectors are different than the chevy.... where did you get yours??
These are ebay euro clear ones that I covered with smoked vinyl. I couldn't find any blacked/smoked ones I liked.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
It looks great, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the chrome caps.

I'm sure these will grow on me every time I see them though. Seeing your truck keeps reminding me I need Top Kick handles.

Are you keeping those tires for the time being or looking to go a tad bigger?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
I was ok with the Chrome caps too, but I like to be different. I think this is a bit more subtle.

Unfortunately, i'm keeping these tires. It's hard to toss away 225/75R16 load E toyo AT tires that still had the nubbins on them.... If they were highway tread I would be more inclined to get new ones but I can't justify the cost.

One day... 255/85R16 will be the size.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I don't blame you there. Can't beat brand new tires even if they are a bit on the tiny side.

Have you considered going with a slightly wider tire up front for the future? Something like 255/85R16 rear and 275/70R16 front? It really helps with the HD 4x4 look IMO, and does so while keeping space between your rear tires without poking them out past the flare.