88-93 Grille in 94-98?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m trying to get an idea on what all is needed to swap to the old style grille. I know everybody wants to swap the opposite way because those are the only threads I can find. Personally I like the look of the “All chrome” LMC grille for the early trucks better. I like the flat bar look. Anyway, has anybody done this?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I've done it before, it's pretty much the same operation of people wanting to swap to the 94-up grille, except reversed.

You'll need grille (obviously), all 3 lower filler pieces (both fender pieces, and below grille), and the 2 inner bumper brackets (if you want to make it look 100% correct, otherwise you can leave it if you don't mind the gap).

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks great! I think I want to keep my composite lights instead of switching to the quads, but I like the quads look a lot too. What all did you have to do?
When I was installing the snow plow, I had to remove the entire front end of the truck. Bumper too. The chrome on the old grill was peeling off so I figured it was time for an upgrade. Or retrograde anyway.

I really wanted it to be plug-and-play, so I got new quad headlight pigtails and wired them into the plow harness. The plow harness only took power from the driver side headlight, so I got a relay, and an extra pigtail and did the "HIGH 4" conversion on the pass side OE headlight harness.

The rest of the grill install was straight forward. A couple of the screw anchors had to be moved, but the square holes were there, needed to move the p/s cooler over at the top to another hole to clear the lights.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was installing the snow plow, I had to remove the entire front end of the truck. Bumper too. The chrome on the old grill was peeling off so I figured it was time for an upgrade. Or retrograde anyway.

I really wanted it to be plug-and-play, so I got new quad headlight pigtails and wired them into the plow harness. The plow harness only took power from the driver side headlight, so I got a relay, and an extra pigtail and did the "HIGH 4" conversion on the pass side OE headlight harness.

The rest of the grill install was straight forward. A couple of the screw anchors had to be moved, but the square holes were there, needed to move the p/s cooler over at the top to another hole to clear the lights.
I’m trying to get an idea on what all is needed to swap to the old style grille. I know everybody wants to swap the opposite way because those are the only threads I can find. Personally I like the look of the “All chrome” LMC grille for the early trucks better. I like the flat bar look. Anyway, has anybody done this?
The 4 corner marker lights are slightly different. Everything else should be pretty much plug and play and bolt right up. I believe the 88-93 grille you may have to notch it out at the top to clear the long studs that hold the headlights in. Or maybe that was just the cheap Amazon grille I used.