88? 454SS for sale...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
454 and a 5 speed....Hells yeah. Not a bad looking truck besides the chrome crap. And the SS stickers......Who cares, Chevy has been putting them on everything whether it deserve them or not. I think it stands for "Silly Stickers" instead of "Super Sport"

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man people should try a little harder and do some research when trying to pass as a 454.
YEARS OF THE 454:
91-94 only. 94 had the most power and Torque the way you can tell if it is a 91-94 is the headlights and grill. Anything before 91 had the daul headlights anything after 94 had the upgraded grill surround.
COLORS OF THE 454 SS:
Red, white, and black. Black was the most desired color because it looked the meanist DUH! Also there was no chrome added to the trucks as well all the impact strips where blackend.
ENGINE INFO:
454 never had vortec status all old TBI setups.
If you cant tell ive taken many trips to peoples homes who have adds saying its a 454 ss and when i run the vin it comes up 5.7liter 350 highly PO.
Heres my favorite 454 ss pics NUMBERS MATCHING
You must be registered for see images attach

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm i own two Dvds one with all of GM's Old school ss vehicles like the ss camaros and 454 chevelles and novas and one from power block that show the teardown and build a 454 ss and a first gen lightning both say 91-94. The one that they are building was a 94 so IDK.
Heres the sight of the 454 ss build where you can buy it http://www.amazon.com/Project-Muscle-Trux/dp/B00260HELA

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Some people are idiots. Long, LONG ago I was banned from a forum trying to prove GM didn't make an SS-350. Another member swore up and down his truck was a SS-350 because it had the dealer emblems and kept arguing it was against the law to put them on if it wasn't an SS.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Man people should try a little harder and do some research when trying to pass as a 454.
YEARS OF THE 454:
91-94 only. 94 had the most power and Torque the way you can tell if it is a 91-94 is the headlights and grill. Anything before 91 had the daul headlights anything after 94 had the upgraded grill surround.
COLORS OF THE 454 SS:
Red, white, and black. Black was the most desired color because it looked the meanist DUH! Also there was no chrome added to the trucks as well all the impact strips where blackend.
ENGINE INFO:
454 never had vortec status all old TBI setups.
If you cant tell ive taken many trips to peoples homes who have adds saying its a 454 ss and when i run the vin it comes up 5.7liter 350 highly PO.
Heres my favorite 454 ss pics NUMBERS MATCHING

People trying to pass false info now adays :lol:

454SS is 90-93.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hmm i own two Dvds one with all of GM's Old school ss vehicles like the ss camaros and 454 chevelles and novas and one from power block that show the teardown and build a 454 ss and a first gen lightning both say 91-94. The one that they are building was a 94 so IDK.
Heres the sight of the 454 ss build where you can buy it http://www.amazon.com/Project-Muscle-Trux/dp/B00260HELA

the one they built was NOT a 1994, the f150 might have been, im pretty sure there's was a 1990, going by the gauges.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Some people are idiots. Long, LONG ago I was banned from a forum trying to prove GM didn't make an SS-350. Another member swore up and down his truck was a SS-350 because it had the dealer emblems and kept arguing it was against the law to put them on if it wasn't an SS.

I have read ONCE, that GM DID make a true 350SS, i believe 5 of them, all were "disposed" of.

According to the page they were exactly option as 454SS (Right down to 14-bolt) but never made production.

Dont take it worth a grain of salt though.

Last edited: