88? 454SS for sale...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hmm i own two Dvds one with all of GM's Old school ss vehicles like the ss camaros and 454 chevelles and novas and one from power block that show the teardown and build a 454 ss and a first gen lightning both say 91-94. The one that they are building was a 94 so IDK.
Heres the sight of the 454 ss build where you can buy it http://www.amazon.com/Project-Muscle-Trux/dp/B00260HELA

coming right from the link you gave...

"a hour and 43 minutes of budget builds and shootouts between a turbo '94 Ford Lightning and a hopped up '90 Silverado 454 SS."

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
No where does the owner say its an "SS" and Im sure hes not the first person to put "SS" emblems or stickers on a non "SS" car or truck.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some people are idiots. Long, LONG ago I was banned from a forum trying to prove GM didn't make an SS-350. Another member swore up and down his truck was a SS-350 because it had the dealer emblems and kept arguing it was against the law to put them on if it wasn't an SS.

Ya, stupid people are funny. Its one thing to be wrong, we all do it. Its another to stick to your stupidity til the end.

I recently went into Autozone to get wipers or something and one of the guys that worked there approached me asking about the new style 17" wheels on my 98 2wd. I tried explaining to him that I converted it from 5-lug to 6-lug and for some reason he kept insisting over and over again that 2wd and 4wd trucks after 96 came with 6-lug and that mine must have been special order from the factory with 5-lug because that was an option. I tried to politely correct him about how many lugs OBS 2wd trucks came with, but he insisted he knew his facts and how into OBS trucks he was. He even said he had 2 OBS trucks at home right now that were 2wd with factory 6-lug, NOT C-2500. I finally had to just smile, nod and walk off......jackass, ha ha.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ya, stupid people are funny. Its one thing to be wrong, we all do it. Its another to stick to your stupidity til the end.

I recently went into Autozone to get wipers or something and one of the guys that worked there approached me asking about the new style 17" wheels on my 98 2wd. I tried explaining to him that I converted it from 5-lug to 6-lug and for some reason he kept insisting over and over again that 2wd and 4wd trucks after 96 came with 6-lug and that mine must have been special order from the factory with 5-lug because that was an option. I tried to politely correct him about how many lugs OBS 2wd trucks came with, but he insisted he knew his facts and how into OBS trucks he was. He even said he had 2 OBS trucks at home right now that were 2wd with factory 6-lug, NOT C-2500. I finally had to just smile, nod and walk off......jackass, ha ha.

Probably was a C2500LD. :lol:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I hate people who work at part stores that thing everything they say is 100% factual, and when you doubt them, they say, "Dude, I work at a parts store, I know this ****"

A guy at Advance Auto swore up and down that there is no such thing (and there never was) o2 sensor simulators.

Oh and if you take off your cats (even with a tune) your valves with burn. :eyeroll:

I don't even care if that emote doesn't work....