73 Eldorado. 500cid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thule

Reaction score
im am not sure if this counts as a project, but it was bought as such, and will end up as one,

i've always liked the old mammoth land yachts, but for some reason i had never owned one, always wanted a true cadillac, since they where still what they used to be.

two years ago i was cruising around the local used car lots, and saw this whale of an car there, i ended up owning it few hours later, i still remember the "what have you just done" feeling i got when i drove it home,

this is a 1973 eldorado coupe, a loaded example, dynasty red, white halftop, red interior, leather and almost all of the options that where available,
the car is originally from L.A but was located in san diego when it was bought and imported to iceland,
the car is what i would call a survivor, its unrestored and for what i've seen still running amazingly much of its original parts, it has bin repainted sometime,
the car is in good running condition, and drives like a dream, but i badly needs an fresh up on the looks, the paint is over, and the interior is just toasted after the californian sun,

when i bought the car i thought to my self that i would use it and enjoy it while i can, or if something big brakes down, and then start to restore it, but now i have driven it 3 summers, over 4k miles, and the thing just runs, and has not come with a single problem, who would have believed that?

i've traveled the country with my family in it, used it as a daily driver, one time when the family car broke down i used this in the snow, i just smile around this car, its one happy car, i cant wait to start working on it and someday seeing it looking like new,

You must be registered for see images

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Those cars are awesome! I've always wanted an old Eldo to play with. I've been around a bunch of them, a good friend of mine is into old Caddy's and has had several. FWD burnouts in those old Eldo's always cracked me up

Thule

Reaction score
thanks man.

its kinda fubny that before i bougth this one, i was really critical about the fwd, but after i have driven the car this much i realised how well it works, being this big and heavy, and this soft, you can feel how the car is hauled by the front wheels, it gives you a control over the car many of those mammoths did not have

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks like a cool project. My old boss had a 76 Eldorado and it was like driving my couch. Floated smoothly over bumps and still had some power to boot.