$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect timing for your post. I've been getting annoyed with the bench seat in mine. It feels like it leans back too far (you know, like a fat guy must drive my truck all the time :redface:). But the Vic is down, so the truck is my 7 MPG daily for a while.
Maybe I'll hold off from ditching the bench seat for now. I like the utility of it, I just think mine needs refurbished.

7mpg? My supercharged big block dually does better than that!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You probably drive like you've got some sense... me? Not so much.
But, on a 6 hour round trip in it, I drove her very easy and steady at 60 MPH. It only got 9 MPG on that trip. Unloaded and no trailer.

You give me too much credit. But something is definitely awry with your truck for it to be such a pig. I got 7mpg pulling my trailer from CO to CA, lots of hills but only a few climbs that forced a downshift. Dually gets 10.7 empty hwy.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
The issue with mine is that my wife HATES riding in it, she complains the seat back won’t sit upright enough and the seat bottom points downwards lol. I might take a look at the junkyard tomorrow to see if I can find something that fits both of our preferences better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The issue with mine is that my wife HATES riding in it, she complains the seat back won’t sit upright enough and the seat bottom points downwards lol. I might take a look at the junkyard tomorrow to see if I can find something that fits both of our preferences better.
Electric passenger seat from an SUV?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
60/40 cloth.
My wife loves it and shes preggo. Hates the height of the burb but never heard anybody complain about comfort.
Nevermind I thought you had bench seat..

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
60/40 cloth.
My wife loves it and shes preggo. Hates the height of the burb but never heard anybody complain about comfort.
Nevermind I thought you had bench seat..
The height of the Burb is why you have steps, right? But I know it's harder to move around when you're pregnant ( not from personal experience, but I've known a lot of ladies who were in the family way). I think the running boards on my Burb have kept the catalytic converters installed on the Burb though! Definitely makes it easier to get in and out at the end of a long day....
I wish my Burb had the cloth seats, but it doesn't. But I guess by this point in its age they'd be worn too. Part of the seat wear is how you get in and out of the seat, but the wear happens slowly enough that you don't think about it until the damage is done. It's just easier to slide off the seat than to remember to get on the running board and step in or out....