6" RCX Lift Install Brake Line Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k15 5.7l

Reaction score
When reading through the RCX instructions they say to remove the hard brake line from the rubber in order to reroute them to their new mount. Is there anyway to avoid removing the two lines from one another? I would just imagine they are going to a pain and will more than likely twist the hard line trying to seperate the two. If anyone was able to avoid doing this when installing their RCX lift please let me know how. I am installing the lift this weekend.

Thanks
Greg

Reaction score
If you're on a budget, just make sure you use tubing wrenches to disassemble the brake lines. Break them loose before taking them off of the bracket at the frame. Some PB blaster or WD40 would help too if they've been in place for a long time. If you have some $$, pro comp sells extended stainless steel brake line kits through Summit. I think I paid $100 or so for mine and it's both front lines, rear line, and the hardware for install. Copper washers and such. That's your best route IMHO. If not, be careful and re-route per the instructions. This will be the easiest part of doing the lift second to taking the tires off.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second the ProComp stainless line sugestion, Ill top it off with suggesting a GMT800 Master to go along with them. Thats the way I did it.

Dont bother with the re-route. Do it right. Buy the extended lines, and you cant complain. Fair price and a far better brake hose.