6 inch Rough Country on my Truck Opionion and a little extra....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone Im Brandon im new to the Forum im 17 years old and I have a 1997 k1500. Its come along way since I first got it. I have a custom Paint job that I did myself. I did all the Bodywork etc took a while but it was all worth it in the long run. Charcoal gray and black two tone fading into black. Chrome Brush Guard and just ran true dual straights with 16x4 inch tips. I finally got the expensive part out of the way that kept me from doing all these other mods the body was horrible but with about two weeks straight of sanding and help with a fancy weld on dent puller i bought from the pawn shop shes good as new( in my opinion). But now for the reason im here... Im thinking dick cepek dc2 wheels 16s..... and a rough country 6 inch suspension lift. Is this a good lift? Its the only lift ive found i can nearly afford and i want a 35 inch tire brand i havent decided on yet.... but how wide of a wheel should i use? Does this lift ride rough? I LOVVEE my torque how bad will this be effected without changing my gearing? Gas mileage i dont really care about ( its worth suffering for a sweet ride) but curious to know what it would be like. And let me know what you guys think about the work. Thanks ...
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with IFS lifts, but I'm sure most on this site, even the ones with the RXC lifts, would recommend the Dick Crepek lift. Not that the RXC is a bad lift, the DC is just better for the money.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the answer is in the name lol...A few of my buddies Got the RC 6in lift because it was "cheap". it squeaks when you turn and rides rough... always remember, you get what you pay for

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome man. Looks like we have similar plans for our trucks. Not much help on how the lift with ride but lots of guys run that lift.

The truck will be a dog with stock gearing especially if you have 3.42's. You'll need 4.56 gears or something similar to get close to the stock ratio with 35's.

Truck looks like it could use a wetsand and buff bad in the last pic.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canuckzz71 thanks man ive been told about the wet sand and buff i wed sanded the entire thing but not with the buff i plan to do that fairly soon ive heard that it DRAMATICALLY improves it like from what you see in the last picture all the way to being able to read a newspaper through the reflection

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it will be one shiny ***** after you buff it.

I just laughed out loud when you said you don't care about mpg in a sweet lookin truck. When I told the old man I'm gonna lift my truck he said my mpgs will go to **** and I told him the exact same thing.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Yeah it will be one shiny ***** after you buff it.

I just laughed out loud when you said you don't care about mpg in a sweet lookin truck. When I told the old man I'm gonna lift my truck he said my mpgs will go to **** and I told him the exact same thing.
get a cepek..I just put one on my truck...as far as mileage( I still have 3.42 gears) and I'm on 20x12s(there heavy) with 35x13.50x20 pro comp xtreme all terrains. my mileage only dropped maybe 1 mpg at MOST! Sso really mileage isn't bad..I'm averaging around 12mpg..but it is a dog..but its livable with stock gears

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the answer is in the name lol...A few of my buddies Got the RC 6in lift because it was "cheap". it squeaks when you turn and rides rough... always remember, you get what you pay for

I do agree that most like the Cepek better and that it is a better lift, but I LOVE my RCX 6" lift. It rides great, looks great, and doesn't squeak at all. I upgraded to the Bilstein 5100 shocks and from what I hear that makes a difference.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've hard about the noises the RCX makes as well.
Haven't gotten mine on yet cause I'm waiting on parts that should be replaced while it's all apart but I'm sure if you do ball joints, idler/pitman arm, bushings, tie rods, etc while it's apart like I'm doing it won't squeak. I also went with the Nitro 9000 shocks.
You must be registered for see images