6 inch Rough Country on my Truck Opionion and a little extra....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Canuckzz71 thanks man ive been told about the wet sand and buff i wed sanded the entire thing but not with the buff i plan to do that fairly soon ive heard that it DRAMATICALLY improves it like from what you see in the last picture all the way to being able to read a newspaper through the reflection

I assume you mean you wettsanded the entire truck in the primer stage correct? What kind of paint did you use, enamal (ie. Single Stage)? But yes deffinatly color sand that thing out, would make a WORLD of differance. Check out my build thread, there's some pictures on how big a differance there is before and after! However if you didn't use a BC/CC paint, colorsanding will prove to be very tricky if it is your first time!

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my rcx , but if i were to do it againnid get the cepek u get more lift and the double shock set up looks bad ass, no squeeks or anything from the rcx tho, im still running stock gears , with 35x12.5 R20 nitto trail graplers, loove the tires but with stock gears it is a dog, dont expect to spin your tires unless in the mud , and even then when i know its bad i use 4 lo so i can get threw, but im on my 3rd driver axle in 3 months... The ifs is WEAK!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 on wetsand and buff it will make a huge difference.

Um, as far as IFS lifts go I only recommend the best, dick cepek. It's stouter than all the others and rides the best. I've had it on my truck 5-6 years and still good as day 1 no squeaks, none of that crap also. Gears are something you MUST do hand in hand when you lift your truck. You can't be irresponsible and just assume it will only affect MPG's and since you now have a sweet ride, that's a bunch of bull. It will effect everything in a negative way. If you look at the numbers you'll spend a little over a grand for gears front and rear but if you don't regear it will just kill your tranny which you'll have to have rebuilt which will just in turn cost you a COUPLE grand. Your torque, your speed, your mpg's and most importantly your motor and tranny will be bogged and suffer and that's not even including towing.

Now, on the other hand I did 4.56's when I put on my 35's. I ran a small 35 (BFG mud) which doesn't actually even meaure up to 35" it's more like 34.45" or something like that....My point is once my truck was lifted it got BETTER mileage and had MORE power WITH 35's than it did on stock gearing and 33's....Now ask yourself how important gears are now...Alot of guys don't run them since they don't make the truck look any better and tell themelves it will be alright when really it's anything but, if you're going to lift your truck just do it the right way.

I've kept the 4.56 and went from a small 35 to a TRUE 37" tire and now It's a tad slower off the line and lost a tad bit of torque but the power is more smoothed out throughout the RPM range and now I've actually gained top end speed at a lower RPM thus gaining better highway MPG's by going to a bigger TIRE. All these mom's and dad's and average people out there all think by lifting a truck it' going to be a gas guzzler when in reality if you do it correctly it can be anything but that, especially when you stick with a small 35. SO my advice is to go with the best (dick cepek) and do it right budget another $1200 in for gears.

I'm not going to go into why other 6" lifts aren't really a true 6" and you'll be straining your IFS to get 6" vs. the cepek that's a true 6.5" and can easily be 8" of lift without straining anything but if you'd like me to explain just give me the word but it really makes all the difference in the world. Most guys that do the 6" and 35's aren't happy with that height so that's why you see a bunch add the 3" body lift. I didn't wanna do a BL so that's why I went with the stouter cepek which im hovering over 37's without any extra help. Could fit 38's or 39.5's if I really wanted also but I thought it was important you understand the true difference bc a suspension lift is a big deal. Not something you wanna take off and replace later.