6 in. suspension lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple months ago i but 2 in blocks in rear and cranked front to fit my 285's. It's waaay better than stock, but it rides rougher than hell and isnt lifted quite enough for me yet. I see the RCX 6 in lift is under $1000 but im not sure of the quality of that and idk how much lift would look right with 285's. I live in Illinois so i would rather not go with the BL 3 in...even though thats the perfect amount for me. Im afraid the bushing bolts will be rusted solid and i dont like the rear bumper being low or lifted leaving my hitch low...does anyone on here have a truck with 6 in and 285s, i wish i didnt just buy these tires otherwise i would get 35's. Does anyone have the RCX lift? just give me some input thanks!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Interesting that your 285's don't fit well. I put 285/75-16's on my '98 with no crank, or lift of any kind and don't have any issues with them rubbing. What rims are you running?

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No they fit fine with no rubbing. Sorry i might have worded that wierd. I just want my truck to sit higher.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My plan if I ever get to do it is to run the rcx 4" kit. It is the same kit as the 6" without the rear add a leaf. I dont like blocks either so I want to use the ord shackle filp for the rear. Install the rcx kit up front and set it about 1" lower than the rear since I like a little rake. I have nnbs 17" rims so I was gonna run a 285/70 on them hoping it would look good.

Thats just my dream, doubt I will have the $ for it anytime soon though. There are some pics of a decranked rcx on 285's around here somewhere.....

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RCX lifts are awesome! I've got a 6" on my suburban and I love it! If I were you I would get the 6" and just dont crank it all the way, but then if you do get bigger tires later on you can just crank it up 2 more inches.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'm about to dig up a pic of mine on 305's with a 6" lift. It looks strange. If you're never ever going to go up to a bigger tire, save $50 and get the 4" kit. They are the exact same except the 6" kits have an add a leaf to lift the back more. You might be alright with the kit, decranked a good bit, and no add a leaf.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
On 33x12.5/17's
You must be registered for see images attach

On 265/65/16's

Both on 6" lift.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pretty much did the same as you. Started with rear block and Tbar crank and 33's. Hated the ride and wear and tear on the front end parts. Bought a suspension lift after 6 months.

Here is a 6" superlift with 33x12x15's

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO remove the hitch if you don't use it, leave the bumper down and make a filler, use lights to hide the gap, or change to one of those burb hitches ppl talk about. That'll fix the rear gap issue. If you got the coing et ya a 6 and it'll be fine, as someone mentioned I think, leave it turned down, it'll ride smooth as silk, and fit your tires, not look too terrible, and later when tires get worn you can get 35's and crank it more if need be, or even 36's or 37's.