6.5 pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the 6.2/6.5 Diesel have ANY "Pros"?

I thought they were nothing but turd when they were new. That's why the Duramax was so mind-bendingly wonderful in comparison. Folks couldn't believe the power and lack of clatter when the Duramax was introduced.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the 6.2/6.5 Diesel have ANY "Pros"?
For me yes. Some one else maybe not. Is it a turd? Probably but at this time it gets twice the fuel range and has no oil consumption and has enough power to get out of its own way. My other one uses a quart to a quart and a half of oil every tank of fuel. And the tank of fuel lasts 225-250 miles. When i bought it I didnt buy it because I wanted to part of the "cool guy" club and have a diesel. I could care less. I want something that will do what I want it to do which is get me to work or places that if it gets scratched or dented I don't care. I don't plan on taking it on long road trips. I know its not a cummings duramax or a powerstroke and I don't expect it to be. To be honest if I wan't to pull something I'll knock the dust off my f150 and use it. Will I do some improvements that help factory flaws? Yes and I already have. Will i pump money into it to make the power that a stock duramax makes hell no. Everyone has there own opinions on what are good and bad. All I was wanting to know was peoples opinions on it and weighed the repsonses to form my own opinion. If there wasn't any pros to a 6.2/6.5 do you think GM would have kept the line going or stopped it like they did with the olds 350 diesel. I can't see auto manufacturer keeping a line of something if there wasn't a pro with it.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for coming clean. I see a bunch of retards on CL who clearly don't know the diff and it drives me nuts.
No problem. I see it all the time as well. It drives me nuts. Ive owned 2 trucks with cummins and i can't count on both hands how many people called it that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers