5 speed, need smoother shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
could be either one. Does your clutch grab early in the stroke or move when the clutch is depressed?

7Brandon07

Reaction score
I’m not sure I push the clutch all the way in before I change gears but I do feel it grab bout halfway being depressed sometimes it’ll make that noise that sounds like there’s some contact kinda like two rotating discs rubbing together noise. Almost all my cars been standards I’ll usually whatch the rpm gauge and figure out the rpm to engine noise when I change gears then I’ll usually do it by engine noise but this truck has no rpm gauge so I’ve always been doing it off engine noise, but out of all my cars the clutch is different on this one sometimes when I press it all the way in I’ll feel a clunk, doesn’t happen all the time but never noticed that on any of my cars but I also noticed this truck has a heavier clutch, it’s my first standard truck I’ve had several 3rd gen firebirds and camaros definately noticed this clutch is a lot heavier

7Brandon07

Reaction score
Pretty much all my cars had troubles with reverse being stiff a couple had a stiff first. Most my cars have all had previous owners who abused them well though so sometimes I wonder if I don’t know what a good clutch feels like, I’ve never had one go out on me so I’ve never replaced one and drove with a fresh clutch