5.7L Vortec swap to TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
So, we have this nice 1998 Silverado ECSB with the 5.7L Vortec in it. Recently this truck has had some issues with fuel and cooling and acceleration (as per my other threads) come to find out it is a cracked head and intake manifold. What i want to do is take a TBI intake and heads and put on this truck so it'll run right again. What is the easiest way to do so? I have a complete 1995 Silverado parts truck with the TBI and computer and such. What is the absolute necessary wires to make the TBI system function properly? and help is greatly appreciated

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I personally would avoid the tbi setup and find some replacement vortec stuff

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
that's what i was thinking, but i can't find anyone with another intake manifold

mistaake

Reaction score
Yep, can't find those in stock anywhere! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.rockauto.com/

I have nothing against TBI (I'm happy with mine, actually) but you're going to be better off replacing the Vortec parts in your truck than trying to swap in an inferior system. If it's working properly, the Vortec system is superior in terms of performance and gas mileage.

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
I need the Lower, i improperly torqued the bolts on install and shattered one side right across the water jacket so it leaked coolant all over when the motor got hot