4x4 Hum and Vibration at 45-50 mph and up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
What I thought would be a 2h u-joint job ended up turning into a nightmare! I took off the cap straps at both the t-case and diff but could not compress the drive shaft for the life of me. I ended up cutting the u-joint at the diff to slip the driveshaft from underneath the truck. At the end of the day, I had the driveshaft in between my two oak trees, 2 chains and a load binder trying to pull the 2 halves apart, didn't work and I used lots of pb lol! Has anybody ran into the same situation that I am faced with?

you have to buy a new one, that one is junk even if you can get it apart

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a new drive shaft. I found a new one online for $250 on eBay. Since I have to buy a new one anyways, should I buy one of those double cardinal shafts that the autotrac trucks need or will a factory one run good? I don't have autotrac by the way.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Even if I clean the splines and all once apart?

once its siezed its crap, even once you get it all back apart i see it everyday at work. someone bring s a siezed one in and wants it to work but we cannot balance or straighten it afterwards plus they have crazy vibrations and come in next time with a broken tcase story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseamani55