4th gear surging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well started out of no where. Truck shifts fine into all gears. When I'm doing 50mph and keep a steady rpm truck rpm's surge from 1500-2000 as I drive.

Truck is all original and has 206k miles. Is a 94 with 4l60e.

What could it be?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't have a scanner for this year truck. I have a Gm Tech 2 but i think it is for obd2 only. I can only do paper clip trick.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Mine has been doing it for the last year. I have no codes showing. I have random issues and I think the computer is going. We will see when I finally get to do the 411 swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should mention when I noticed the surging, I went into regular drive ( 2rd) and that surging stopped. It only happens in 4th. Weird.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt the computer knows anything. Sounds like the tq is locking and unlocking.

If you know what you are doing with a diagnostic device it will. Maybe someone that doesn't, then you are right computer won't know anything.

Bud you are from Point Pleasant, I work at TAB Transmissions in Iselin (131 off the parkway) and I live in Lanoka Harbor... if you need a hand a want someone that knows what they are doing with a computer to take a peak at it and let you know what is up let me know. I am not going to charge ya. The reason why it is best to monitor what is going on is to determine if it is 4th like you think or if it is lockup coming on and off.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be great. I have a friend who works on cars but doesn't know much about these trucks. My truck would never make it to iselin but lanoka I think it can haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333