4L80e 4x4 not locking up and 5 feet of snow!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
What the heck? I ain't ever heard of no brokerage fees....... Shipping is to Canada so I am assuming some duties or whatever. I called thr local parts store and they wanted 170$ for the TCA1 brand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a fee that ups and fedex charges to make sure customs collects the duties.

Basically, they are charging you for the service. It's not included in their ground shipping quotes. Almost everything comes out of the states ups ground since it the cheapest way, until it gets to your door. Brokerage is included on ups air iirc. But (of course) that costs more.

For example: http://www.ups.com/media/en/ca/rate_guide_ca.pdf

FedEx is the same.

Usps does not charge brokerage fees, but most businesses don't ship usps since ups and fedex pickup at the sellers place of business and usps does not.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It's a fee that ups and fedex charges to make sure customs collects the duties.

Basically, they are charging you for the customs service. It's not included in their ground shipping quotes. Almost everything comes out of the states ups ground since it the cheapest way, until it gets to your door. Brokerage is included on ups air iirc. But (of course) that costs more.

For example: http://www.ups.com/media/en/ca/rate_guide_ca.pdf

FedEx is the same.

Usps does not charge brokerage fees, but most businesses don't ship usps since ups and fedex pickup at the sellers place of business and usps does not.

Goes like this:

You pay the up front shipping costs.

Ups pics up the package and starts shipping.

It hits the border and they take it to customs.

Customs levies the taxes and duties (as required) and ups pays them. Then they levee a fee for this (ie: brokerage) and then they levee a COD charge since they've paid to get it into the country.

Then they hand it off to their Canadian partnered courier service and it shows up at the door.

You open the door happy as a pig in....

Then he hands you a bill for the duties, brokerage and COD fees and you don't get your package until your pay up.

If you don't believe me, ask any Canadian that has shipped ups out of the states. Or google brokerage + ups + Canada and be prepared to read some pretty angry commentary.

It's a racket as I've yet to see an automotive part be leveed any customs. But they still charge you the brokerage fees since they handed it customs.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever. This is all bull

Found one for 85-90$ locally, it's a dorman and another one called blue streak less headaches and comes with warranty

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Whatever. This is all bull

Found one for 85-90$ locally, it's a dorman and another one called blue streak less headaches and comes with warranty

Blue streak is pretty good stuff.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Installed the actuator on the front and problem fixed. I noticed as soon as I shift that the 4x4 light on the floor engages immediately. Girlfriends Tahoe (same year) takes a few seconds tho! Hope this helps