4L60E smoking when towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is indeed a hair line crack,. Then couple of hours with a dremel/die grinder, and some devcon aluminum epoxy would be my first first course of action. Then if i failed to fix the leak i would get things fixed at the trans shop, good luck.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is indeed a hair line crack,. Then couple of hours with a dremel/die grinder, and some devcon aluminum epoxy would be my first first course of action. Then if i failed to fix the leak i would get things fixed at the trans shop, good luck.

I know I could have tried to seal it with epoxy, but I would always know that I did that and I would always be worrying about it in the back of my mind. I'd rather pay the money and have the case swapped for a known good one and be done with it. I know that there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this one will hopefully make me happier in the long run. Besides, he already had it at his shop and I'm in no hurry to get it back. If this trans ever goes, I will definitely be looking at the 4l80e swap. LOL

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I could have tried to seal it with epoxy, but I would always know that I did that and I would always be worrying about it in the back of my mind. I'd rather pay the money and have the case swapped for a known good one and be done with it. I know that there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this one will hopefully make me happier in the long run. Besides, he already had it at his shop and I'm in no hurry to get it back. If this trans ever goes, I will definitely be looking at the 4l80e swap. LOL

I totally understand the 'peace of mind',.