4L60E No Gears When Warmed-Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberhurt1

Reaction score
I have a 1993 GMC Yukon with a 4L60E transmission. Once the vehicle warms-up I loose all gears, foward/reverse. My fluid level is good, indicates high with engine off and drops to normal with engine running. Any ideas?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
moved thread to where you might get more feedback.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I have a 1993 GMC Yukon with a 4L60E transmission. Once the vehicle warms-up I loose all gears, foward/reverse. My fluid level is good, indicates high with engine off and drops to normal with engine running. Any ideas?

Sounds like the clutch disks are worn to the point that once they warm up they have no more friction to make the internal connections needed to move.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The filter is stopping up....Probably something going bad causing a ton of metal stopping it up thought. Usually they will have a small whine when this happens, the pump starving for fluid. When you cut it off, the fluid drains back to the pan through the filter unstopping it.