4l60 transmission position wiring ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As title states . Truck is 93 k1500 w/ 4l60. I just acquired a new dash (2000 tahoe) . The cluster has the electronic prndl

Since mine is linkage with the mechanical indicator ; is there a way to add a wiring harness to get those to function? Does the NSS under the dash have to move to trans somewhere?

FTR i do have an ididit 4 speed indicator already , just havent installed it yet as wanting to see if thats only option

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You've got a lot more work ahead of you to get that cluster working, not just the gear indicator. However yes the gear indicator needs the input from the range switch as used on 1995-up gmt400's, and those ride on the shift selector stud* that pokes out of the transmission. Your 1993 model won't have the correct one. I'm not sure if the mounting screw bosses will be there on the transmission case, either.. haven't done the old-to-new dash swap on any trucks exept one that had a standard trans.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

*not the actual technical name for that part which escapes me at the moment, but where the shifter linkage connects to the trans

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the stud you speak of. I took the linkage plate off; overlapped the cable plate. Then cut / welded them together. I had bouhjt the cable to do a console shift (whuch i still am going to eventually do) but i was doing r&d and needed a way to get back in correct gear if console shift didnt work.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've got a lot more work ahead of you to get that cluster working, not just the gear indicator
What am i going to have issues with ? I have the cluster connector pigtail. Do any of the ones i have listed that arent checked yes hinder it from working? When i bench tested all the warnjng lights by applying 12v, they all worked.

FTR; i listed the 93 A-Z as 1-26.

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpeg
    IMG_5852.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 2