454 TBI work on 350?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yes, but your 350 PROM won't like the injectors that are in it. If you plan on doing this, you will need to keep the 350 injectors.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It will "fit" as in bolt up, but not work correctly. You also may find some of the connections aren't the same. But most importantly, the idle circuit is different.

If you want bigger bores get a bored-out 5.7 unit from RV Morse. Same piece CFM Tech sells except RV is who did the work and they sell it much cheaper.

Richard

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the quick answers. I'm just looking at different tbi options without shelling out all the money for the holley one. That and I don't really feel comfortable taking a dremel to my tbi to do the tbi mods

Sent from my awesome S5

98_k1500

Reaction score
for what you are going to spend on that holley unit, I would be inclined to looking at a TPI swap from a camaro or something of the sorts. Most of the parts for it can be junkyard sourced, and you could swap the heads while you are at it if you are looking for a little more grunt.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
my heads were remaned with the motor so i dont plan to swap them anytime soon. im just looking for something that is better than my crudded up tbi that needs help lol

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you do the tbi mods? If you screw it up who cares you already were planning on upgrading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98_k1500

Reaction score
In that case I would probably look into a TPI intake for it. Should be able to find a junkyard one in good shape. Not real sure what all is involved in setting one of these up on a TBI truck tho, there are some write ups on doing it on here im sure...

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Why don't you do the tbi mods? If you screw it up who cares you already were planning on upgrading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because i dont know when im going to it or not and dont wanna have any more issues before i save up they money to buy anything new

98_k1500

Reaction score
I think Great White is the guy you need to talk to for info if you are interested in the TPI swap, if memory serves me correctly, he has done it.