411 ecm swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lussks

Reaction score
96 chevy 2dr tahoe 4x4 5psi of whipple boost, cam, hand ported heads, shorty heades with true duals no cats

ok i did the 411 swap 80% tuned but today i noticed the torque converter is not locking up any idea??? and i get codes
p0463
p1665

i can manually lock the torque converter with my modis scanner..

and i keep geting some maf sensor code, some abs transmision codes ( i should have writing down the codes) does any one know what is soposed to be cleared from the 411 ecu to run with out any check engine codes or is some one so kind and has a efi live file thats willing to share

thanks in advance

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I just did mine, so far no codes have showed up, I even did the crank relearn. My torque converter is locking up but you just cannot feel it like I used to. You will have a different tune than I will because of the supercharger. I haven't figured out how to post a tune on these sites yet. I got rid of the codes for the post cat o2 sensors, plus the cats, since I don't have any, I disabled the egr valve and got rid of all those codes. That is as far as I went with the stock L31 express van tune for the 4l60E and 4x4 lo.

mgrotel

Reaction score
What ever happened with this? I have the 411 in my 96 vortec L31 383. I am getting the P0463 and P1665 and one or the other or a combination of is preventing my torque converter from locking up, which is an issue since I tow a decent amount. Thanks for any help.

Edit: My fuel gauge gives me a general idea of where I am for fuel, but it is far from accurate. My tank is empty just before the needle gets to E. Basically when my guage reads 1/4 tank, I am getting really close to being empty. I think these codes have to do with the fuel system.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if these are for the evap canister vacuum switch and the fuel tank pressure sensor. If so the 96's are not equipped with these and the PCM should be programmed for no fuel tank pressure sensor.

mgrotel

Reaction score
I wonder if these are for the evap canister vacuum switch and the fuel tank pressure sensor. If so the 96's are not equipped with these and the PCM should be programmed for no fuel tank pressure sensor.

That is what I am thinking and I might just have them disabled in the tune.

mgrotel

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to advancing the timing a little by setting the cam retard to +5 degrees or so? Instead of zero?