4/6 drop Bottoms out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
I have a 95 scsb Sierra with beltech flip kit and 22 inch wheels. Also nitro drop shocks with 3 inch extenders.
My question is are those shocks not that great? I bottom out on bumps The axle hits the notch. I can push down on the bed and it don't feel stiff at all, im thinking it's the shocks. What you guys think?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
sounds like they are worn out check the shock thread in the sticky and there a part numbers and reviews on several shocks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably shock's, but also how much travel do you have between your axle and frame?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
does it bottom out on one side faster than the other?? if i notch isn't perfectly centered over the rear axle, the spring perch will hit inside the notch before it reaches the bumpstop... don't ask how i know, suffice to say i'm running 1 and 3/4 perches instead of two.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
does it bottom out on one side faster than the other?? if i notch isn't perfectly centered over the rear axle, the spring perch will hit inside the notch before it reaches the bumpstop... don't ask how i know, suffice to say i'm running 1 and 3/4 perches instead of two.

My '98 also did this. Cut off the old spring perches.
Is the rear-end pumpkin hitting your box crossmember by chance, too?

sick94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
comon mistake is the notch's were installed backwards make sure its all centered up like was mentioned up top

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
Well I have 3-4 inches in-between the axle and notch. It is centered as well.
What are the spring perches?
I did a 6/8 on my friends 94 silverado ecsb. He also has 22's same tire size, same kit but added shackels. he also has same extenders but the shocks are the 20 dollar red ones from autozone.
I notice my tires tuck just the same as his. I pushed down on his bed and it's stiff.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need a stiffer shock, i would try doesch techs or belltech street performance. Ive heard of a few people around the web complain about the nitros being too soft and bouncy and wearout fast.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
BELLTECH nitro they stopped making 5 years ago. Get the street perofrmance belltechs 125 shipped i have like 30 sets here

jdmdrew

Reaction score
I got mine from summit. I'm gonna try shocks n let you guys know