4.3 no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
blew my engine while back, tore it down couple days ago to replace the valve i bent just to get me by till my v8 swap

got it all apart and replaced, had to install it in the middle of a daylong snowstorm, so snow got into alota unwanted places... got it all back together now, and no start, found the t/b was over fueling... it would even pump fuel with the relay and fuse pulled, so i moved the ground back to where it was before and fixed that problem

pulled a plug and wire to test spark, no spark
timings dead nuts on 1, and has been double checked
tested coil... tested ok
got power to and from coil
got power to ign. module

so im assuming bad ignition module, correct? i had quite a few older 80's gm cars with the 2.8 that got towed in for no start, and first thing i replaced was the ign module, and theyre back on theyre way...

tried postin this up a couple days ago, but fer some reason it was like the site didnt even exist, it was all a domain

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Take the ignition module up to Oreilly's, Autozone, etc. They can all test them.

And yes the site was down for a few days. But everything is back up and running as far as I know.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take the ignition module up to Oreilly's, Autozone, etc. They can all test them.

Took a taxi to the local oriellys, had em test the ign module, sure enough it came back bad, new module was only $37 so now i just gotta swap in the new one

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got the truck running but overheats like none other... temp gets 260+ just in a few blocks... driver side of the radiator is cold aswell as the upper hose... i replaced the t-stat when i went back together. would i be looking at a defective t-stat?

also too, i was talkin to a buddy of mine and he's thinkin intake gaskets are backwards... i know that both heads had coolant crossover provisions but the intake gaskets only had one, i installed with the "this side up" on the gasket, but cant recall wich ends the provisions on the gaskets were when i installed the intake... the idea makes sence, but as many engines as ive put together ive never had an overheating issue becuase of gaskets... but then again for that matter, ive never had as many issues with engine teardown as ive had with this peticular project

any1 else wanna wieght in on my overheating issue?

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
intake gaskets were backwards, yanked the intake off again last night, and replaced the gaskets this morning... runs like a champ now with no overheating

got a check engine light on now, and idle tends to surge until it warms up, think im gna reset the IAC and if it dont remedy the CEL, ill have to run down and have it scanned