37" Toyo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering is it possible to run 37" toyos on a 4.3L engine with re gearing? Cuzz tacomas, and jeeps have v6 engine's and ive seen them with 37's

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea you can but its probably not gonna get around real good

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Another thing to think about with those trucks is the weight difference between their dinky trucks and suvs and your full size truck.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, go to lower gearing and you'll have no problem with those 37's, and other than the added weight of the tires and gears, it should drive like usual. Calculate tire weight and gear weight over stock and that'll tell ya how much extra weight you'd be carrying over your stock weight, gears, and tires. Also consider your braking if you're going to be driving on-road any, you'll have more rolling weight.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
He doesn't really need to figure in hear weight considering most gear sets weigh about the same.
Kirk over on fsc ran 40s with 5.13s with a v6, but his is a nbs rcsb with a 5 speed.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed a pretty good bump in weight going from my dinky 35" BFG's to Toyo 37x13.50's....I think the main reason is that BFG's measure a bit small anyway. So, their 35 isn't even really 35 and they're very narrow where as my Toyos are every bit of 37" plus real wide. The bfg's were 70 lbs, the toyos are 90lbs. I'm in the middle of beefing up all of the front suspension components and I also look to going with the big brake kit since I also pull a trailer 5 days a week. I'm running 4.56's and it is a tad under geared with my 5.7 TBI. Not so much normally but just towing my trailer. Without the trailer it's actually damn near perfect. You'd want to go with probably a 5.13 for a 4.3...Look at upgrading all your front suspension components and brakes. 37's is a responsibility/liability I tell ya lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, all depends on what suspension mods you'll have under there....if you're going for easy flex, then you'll really feel yourself getting moved by the slightest bit of wind on the highway.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who cares if they engine can handle it....

Your front end will hate you with 37s...