350 TBI fuel start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey223

Reaction score
Its only stuttering when I step on the gas. At idle or cruising its completely fine. Thanks for the help fellas, really appreciate it. I think I will get at the fuel pump next.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its only stuttering when I step on the gas. At idle or cruising its completely fine. Thanks for the help fellas, really appreciate it. I think I will get at the fuel pump next.

I had a problem where I would pull out to the middle of intersection turning left
And I'd have a chance to go
and I press it blurb blap bog!!
And then let off it goes it was so scary and risky n it was my fuel pump...
I'm on my 3rd one now n it's a Delphi lifetime warranty. I'll try n remember what else I had to replace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ndanny718

Reaction score
So as I was replacing the fuel filter, I noticed the fuel dripping out looked a bit watery..so i dumped more out into a container and it was filled with 50/50 fuel water mix! Drained the gas tank and found out i had a bunch of water in the tank this whole time. put in new fuel and she runs like a champ for 2 days now. Any ideas how that much water got in there? Is there a bad seal somewhere?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as I was replacing the fuel filter, I noticed the fuel dripping out looked a bit watery..so i dumped more out into a container and it was filled with 50/50 fuel water mix! Drained the gas tank and found out i had a bunch of water in the tank this whole time. put in new fuel and she runs like a champ for 2 days now. Any ideas how that much water got in there? Is there a bad seal somewhere?
The filler tube/cap is the only place I can think of water getting in there. If it was that large amount of water.

I know every year around winter time it never hurt my 91 to put a bottle or 2 of HEET in the tank due to moisture. I've had no start issues because it was so bad before.