33's or 35's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Like stated, keys are pointless. But if you do put them on and crank 3" then u better flip your upper balljoints to be able to get an alignment and a so the upper control arm isn't setting on the droop stop. You will have very little down travel and it's going to ride bad. New shock will help some. And be prepared to change frontend parts on a regular bases. My truck was like this for several years, so I know.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I don't have any pics handy. It sits about like my 1/2 ton did at about 3/4 crank on the bars. You will be suprised how much tire you can tuck on those stock wheels. The offset is perfect on them.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I don't plan to max out whichever way I go with the keys or crank I'm just wanting a bit of lift up front. Does anyone have any pics of what my angle should and shouldnt look like? I've heard tons of different opinions and I'm not sure whats the safest or not besides the obvious if i crank it to much.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've always went by not more than one of the creases on the boots should be touching

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
There is no cut and dried answers as to how far to go. Crank them some, drive it, and see if your ride is acceptable. When you get it where you want it, have it aligned.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm gona take an impact to mine as soon as I got all my SAS parts lol

SouthernHoe

Reaction score
Unless you plan on regearing you will regret 35s I assure you. I've got to regear mine with 33's it's very annoying.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Unless you plan on regearing you will regret 35s I assure you. I've got to regear mine with 33's it's very annoying.
not really there's not a big difference in 33s and 35s as far as gearing goes