What tire would be better?

• Courser C/T

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Toyo M/T

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I've already beaten the forum around a few times looking for the best tires for what I'm doing.

As a refresher the truck is going on a 4-6" RCX and getting some new shoes. 315/75/16 is the size I'm looking for and I'm going to buy new ones. I currently have some Mastercraft Courser A/T 2 (highly recommended) tires but want something a little more agressive looking. I'm running 3.73 gears and the 4L60E and with an IFS I'm not sure how hard heavy a$$ tires will be on my front end.

Current tires I'm tied up between are Courser C/T and Toyo M/T. Both look good and both are functional and have good reputations.

The courser is like 67 lbs. and the Toyo almost 80 lbs. (iirc) Both are supposed to last a long time and handle good. I only offroad a couple times a year and nothing major yet. How much would the extra weight bog me down for MPG since this is my daily driver and would it be pretty hard on my front end? Especially with 10" wide rims already putting stress on it?

I could get the C/T's for about $1,100 mounted and the M/T's for about $1,300 mounted

Or if there is some other tire that you would highly recommend. (I don't really care for the AXT or ATX styled tires too much- I'd stick with my AT2's instead)

Although how a tire looks is kind of important to me, function, purpose and how it would suit my needs is important too :p

Last edited:

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I really like the Maxxis Tradapor's that SkyHighColorado has. They look great! While surfing the Maxxis site, i came across the Maxxis Bighorns. Here is a picture of them next to the Toyo M/t. I think they look like they will have better on-road ability, especially in the snow, since the lugs are closer together. Yes, this will make you lose "some" but not much offroad ability. I think the sidewalls looks pretty cool too. Just food for though. I know a lot of people love Toyo's but i will never buy a set. Buddie spent about $1200 on a set of Toyo open countries, and they lasted less than a year. Yes, he drove like a dick because he had a cummins, but i think he only got about 20,000 out of them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Those look really good- love the sidewalls. Hmm... found them on eBay but they are pretty pricey compared to the Buckshots, Bighorns or the Toyos.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Goodyear Dura-tracs, I have them in 305/70r16 and they look so fvcking meaty, they perform EXCELLENT in rain, good on ice, pretty good in mud.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I am running Bighorns right now and love them! If you want an AT that will be great on and off road I would seriously look at Hankook Dynapro AT/Ms. I ran those in a 285/75 r16 and they were amazing. Tread life is great, they look good and I would only get stuck in the deepest mud!

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm loving my BFG A/T KO. They suit my need for highway use during the week with off-road use on the weekends.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the look of firestone destination mt's, and mickey thompson mtz

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cooper discovery stt looks sweet too and not horribly priced