3/4 Ton rear drum to disc brake conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tired of drum brakes, I can't figure them out and I want to upgrade to performance rotors. I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban K2500 (3/4 ton) and I can't find a conversion kit anywhere... does anyone know where I can find the 8 lug kit for this!!? or atleast tell me where to go to get parts individually? I don't care if it's basic rotors and pads because I'm going to swap them out for Power Stop Tow/Haul rotors with performance pads all the way around. please help me out, thanks!!!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
If you can't figure out drum brakes, honestly you would be lost trying to convert to a disc setup. You can get parts to convert it at any local parts shop, other than brackets, which you could make on your own with a plasma cutter and some plate.

You will most likely need longer wheel studs and you will need a different master cylinder, one that is designed for disc/disc.

I am not trying to be a dick, but some things should not be played with.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's fine, I'm getting a small hop when I apply the brake pedal and I've replace the whole rear end brake set up and it still does it, it's not my front either I know for sure, and if I loosen my drums a little then my brake pedal gets low and I hear a screech coming from the rear when I apply the brake. I need a new set up

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Brakes are adjusted a bit on the tight side, or it can also be caused from an ebrake cable stuck on partly.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for sure my e brake isn't messed up, I have an idea on how to adjust drums and in the morning or when it's raining and I go to use my truck my brakes kinda lock up until I get about 20mph and hit the brakes it kinda of adjust its self and works proper but still has a hop