291 heads on a 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good that they have hardened seats. Somebody spent a few bucks on them. I would run a performer or similar dual plane intake also.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just rebuilt the old TBI motor out of my truck, and I'm going old-school-looks with it. I got an Edelbrock C3BX and the appropriate oil filler tube for it. I bought a $50 cam that should be a fair bit lumpier than stock - we'll see if that was a mistake. I have a 650 CFM Carter, some vintage-looking center bolt valve covers, and a set of ram-horn manifolds. I did a mild port job on the TBI heads. I'm still trying to find a set of v-pulleys at the junkyard, and I'm looking at cheap louvered air cleaners.
Because it's old-school looks, it doesn't have to be a horsepower monster to get respect. My goal is to put an old truck cab on my '69 DeVille chassis and put this motor under the hood. If the motor's over 300 hp it will be more than what the old trucks came with.

Hey start a post about your build. I would like to see how it turns out!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to upgrade my membership. I've already had to delete a lot of old pics just to make room for more recent pics.

Knightmare

Reaction score
I just rebuilt the old TBI motor out of my truck, and I'm going old-school-looks with it. I got an Edelbrock C3BX and the appropriate oil filler tube for it. I bought a $50 cam that should be a fair bit lumpier than stock - we'll see if that was a mistake. I have a 650 CFM Carter, some vintage-looking center bolt valve covers, and a set of ram-horn manifolds. I did a mild port job on the TBI heads. I'm still trying to find a set of v-pulleys at the junkyard, and I'm looking at cheap louvered air cleaners.

Because it's old-school looks, it doesn't have to be a horsepower monster to get respect. My goal is to put an old truck cab on my '69 DeVille chassis and put this motor under the hood. If the motor's over 300 hp it will be more than what the old trucks came with.
The heads won’t take kindly to 650 cfm and you can get a tbi to 67o cfm so why the change ?