2500 crew cab rebuild parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xjsciortino

Reaction score
Springs are the same between burb and truck, Tahoe/Yukon/Blazer is the odd ball. It looks like just ripped the hanger off, and obviously the spring. See what they say.....

I’ll update when I get a call. Should hear something by Monday. It looks like I could repair it myself. Figure I can get a head start on pricing parts out now

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Springs are the same between burb and truck, Tahoe/Yukon/Blazer is the odd ball. It looks like just ripped the hanger off, and obviously the spring. See what they say.....
Definitely a different length between the truck and burb, if there wasn't I would just swap springs rather than building a hybrid pack.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
They totalled this truck (my '06 Intimdator SS) and it still ran/drove just fine other than the need for a taillight to be legal. Pic is me bringing it home from buying it at the Copart auction. Fortunately, it's all better now. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Very, very nice! Of course my first thought (if it was mine) was, "THERE'S all the parts I need to make my Crown Vic into a beast!" Followed by my second thought that it's just too nice and rare (enough) to do that to.
Is it as fun as I imagine?

@xjsciortino, I hope the insurance company results are in your favor.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very, very nice! Of course my first thought (if it was mine) was, "THERE'S all the parts I need to make my Crown Vic into a beast!" Followed by my second thought that it's just too nice and rare (enough) to do that to.
Is it as fun as I imagine?

@xjsciortino, I hope the insurance company results are in your favor.
It's OK. My car (300C SRT8) is way quicker/faster but the SS does get up and go when I ask it to. I'm kind of disillusioned with GMT800 reliability vs. GMT400's from the two SS's in the driveway. They're good trucks, but IMO, not *great* trucks. Limited sample size for sure, these are the only two I've really messed with so far.

There bout 60”, thought read somewhere they were the same as trucks. More trucks than burbs out there anyways lol
Can't believe everything you read, but you can believe this - from personal experience, there are three lengths of leaf springs in GMT400-world. Blazer/Tahoe/etc. are one, Suburban is another, and pickups are the third. They don't swap. (I didn't have any 2dr Tahoes in the yard so I can't speak for those but I doubt they're different than the 4dr.)

According to Husky Spring, the Blazer/Tahoe/etc. are 27", Suburbans are 30", pickups are 32"

(Didn't bring C&C 2500/3500/3500HD models into this as they generally wouldn't apply. 3500HD are 3" wide leafs vs. 2.5" anyway and wouldn't swap even if the length was correct.)

Richard

xjsciortino

Reaction score
It's OK. My car (300C SRT8) is way quicker/faster but the SS does get up and go when I ask it to. I'm kind of disillusioned with GMT800 reliability vs. GMT400's from the two SS's in the driveway. They're good trucks, but IMO, not *great* trucks. Limited sample size for sure, these are the only two I've really messed with so far.

Can't believe everything you read, but you can believe this - from personal experience, there are three lengths of leaf springs in GMT400-world. Blazer/Tahoe/etc. are one, Suburban is another, and pickups are the third. They don't swap. (I didn't have any 2dr Tahoes in the yard so I can't speak for those but I doubt they're different than the 4dr.)

According to Husky Spring, the Blazer/Tahoe/etc. are 27", Suburbans are 30", pickups are 32"

(Didn't bring C&C 2500/3500/3500HD models into this as they generally wouldn't apply. 3500HD are 3" wide leafs vs. 2.5" anyway and wouldn't swap even if the length was correct.)

Richard

Thank you for the knowledge. I’d be surprised if the trucks were different from one another. There is a crew cab on market place for parts near me right now, but it’s always much harder to get them off than buy new replacements.

Also I know this is most likely true, but it would probably be best to replace both sides of leaf springs at once to avoid any weird spring rate issues between a 20 year old leaf spring and a brand new one. Is that correct?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely so.
Yep, even when getting used ones. Zero guarantee that the truck you're getting them from has been used/abused the same as yours. Also, more than a few times years back I've had customers over for used springs and I had to pull more than one set because it turned out a pack had a cracked leaf in it.

Richard

xjsciortino

Reaction score
If you need a hanger I still have my old set from installing the shackle flip. I'd send them for shipping cost. They do have a couple grinder marks from cutting the rivets.

I appreciate it. I still haven’t had anyone come look at it yet, but the more I think about it, the more likely I am to rebuild it. I’ll just have to wait for the snow to disappear and the ground to dry up first