22.5 Alcoa’s rear on c3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve heard of guys doing the 22.5 conversions on the rear on 97 c3500. Some say swap rear axle with a single rear wheel axle. Some say replace the hips with after markets that are wider. What’s anyone else’s opinion on doing this. Has anyone on here done this? I know how to do the front. Just have questions about the rear.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is lowered 4 in rear and 3 in the front as of now. And I am talking milled to 22. Just easier to say 22.5 conversion.
If you plan on going lower you will need a cab and chassis axle or wider flares. Semi's will not tuck on a stock dually axle, except the Townasty's which are only available from one vendor, and he's very proud of them. Depending on how low you go in the front, the firewall may need to be tubbed as well.
Some folks run them unmilled with big truck tires.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
There's a guy that goes by Dually King, that sells semis, and also has a version that will tuck on the stock dually fenders. He doesn't have a website, unfortunately, so you have to call the shop, or look him up on Facebook.
I haven't reached out to him, so no idea what his pricing is like.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a guy that goes by Dually King, that sells semis, and also has a version that will tuck on the stock dually fenders. He doesn't have a website, unfortunately, so you have to call the shop, or look him up on Facebook.
I haven't reached out to him, so no idea what his pricing is like.
Thanks, I forgot about him.