20x8.5 KMC Nova's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello I have a question, I have a friend who want's to run some 20x8.5 5 lug KMC Nova's on his 95 Chevy and they need to tuck as he will be bagged very soon, I have seen several set's of Nova's on this body style but I need to know for sure which offset or offset's will tuck with theis rim. Thank's in advance!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank's and I will repost it here These numbers are for stock track width, static dropped trucks.

These numbers are the absolute minimum and will keep the wheel inside the fenders. Your wheel diameter, tire selection and drop will be the desiding factors in whether or not you have to roll/modify inner fenders/lips.

When you're looking to buy a wheel, you will need to know either the Offset or backspacing of the wheel. If you're looking at a wheel and it doesn't meet the specified numbers for it's width, it will not tuck and there's no chance with your stock track width. so this is to help with wheel selection.

The key number you need to assess is the front spacing. it needs to be 4.25" or less. If the front spacing on the wheel is higher than that it will not matter what the backspacing is because it will never tuck

the Categories are the width:

7"
Offset:-6mm or higher
Backspacing:3.75" or higher

8"
Offset:+6mm or higher
Backspacing:4.75" or higher

8.5"
Offset:+12mm or higher
Backspacing:5.25" or higher

9"
Offset:+19mm or higher
Backspacing:5.75" or higher

9.5"
Offset:+25mm or higher
Backspacing:6.25" or higher

10"
Offset:+30mm or higher
Backspacing:6.75" or higher

10.5"
Offset:+38mm or higher
Backspacing:7.25" or higher

11"
Offset:+45mm or higher
Backspacing:7.75" or higher

12"
Offset:+63.75mm or higher
Backspacing:8.75" or higher __________________

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't say if it's counting if you roll the fenders or not. I'm curious about the set I just bought. Do you happen to know the stock offset of the 15x7 SS wheels?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
It doesn't say if it's counting if you roll the fenders or not. I'm curious about the set I just bought. Do you happen to know the stock offset of the 15x7 SS wheels?

I dont know what they are but I dont know how your stretched ones with the 325s will tuck my 295 barely do and my lips are rolled out back

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The stretched one's are stock front spacing but they have a 1" spacer. Maybe the 454SS rear is narrow? I could go another 1/4" or more before I'd be level with the fender.
For reference this is SS wheels spaced 1" out. They were widened to the inside so the front stays the same. So if I know the stock front spacing I could figure out how my other's will line up. FYI I don't need them to "tuck" necessarily, because I'm not going that low, but I don't want them sticking out either.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just found out that the wheels are 15x7 with 4.0" BS so does that mean the front spacing is 3" ? I don't think it works exactly like that does it?

Last edited: