2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also grabbed a halfway decent looking 3rd brake light. Mine is quite yellowed. Got a length of wiring too. I hate that the cargo lamp only works with the interior lights, so I’m going to add a direct ground path and bypass the factory wiring.

The factory ground wire will get depinned and heat shrink, then tucked away. I want to leave myself an option to go back, and I hate cutting good wiring.

You must be registered for see images attach

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of the Diamond Eye 4” 6.5L exhaust, this is what I’m trying to get rid of.

Dual 2.75” or what even the factory headpipes are. Cats were removed, small resonators replace them. Then there is an unknown 3” dual in/dual out muffler with this exit. It’s actually a nice setup, but drones like crazy while towing the camper. Concrete barriers are just awful to drive along. I’m thinking I’m going to try the Jones stamped X pipe, the Walker 22231 bus muffler and the 4” tailpipe. I’m hoping that will still flow a ton and be as quiet as a mouse fart.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We camped last week, but I had to work. Had to drive the truck and parking is a nightmare. I got there at 5am, and if I was 30sec later that Mazda would have gotten the drop on me. This is the biggest spot in the lot, and old Waylon dwarfs it. I took the pic to show how much bigger the truck is, but it turned out to be about the best pic I have of the truck.

Alright, that’s enough ******* my thread for one night. I’ll update when I get tonight’s junk installed.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That is a sharp looking dually! The blue and silver pinstripe is my favorite combo! Wished my 98 still looked like this instead of the color match theme.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I get tons of compliments wherever I go. It drives my wife nuts. She, like most women probably, can’t see the attraction to it. She’d rather see me drive some brand new mall cruiser of a truck that costs 5 times as much.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife didn't believe how much people stop me to talk about my truck. Than she was with me and 3 did in 15 minutes. New record but I didn't tell her that lol. And yeah parallel parking of getting the stink eye because I took 4 prius parking spots at the back of the lot!

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I spent entirely too long working on this, but I’ve got the Cargo Lamp switch isolated from the interior lights.

I removed the ground wire from Cavity A in the plug and swapped in the wire from the junkyard pigtail I grabbed the other day.

I then ran that wire to the rear map light ground in the roof.

The cargo lamp now works without the interior lights on. I did it this way so it’s completely reversible if I decide I don’t like it.

Also note the sweet red map lamps. I’m guessing this was done before the advent of LEDs. I’m now accepting donations for replacement lenses if anyone has some.

Last edited: