2000 CCLB 3500 4x4 6" lift leather 83,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol your welcome, "my god" meaning holy $#|+ , sweet truck and sweet build, glad you made a thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not suspension expert but wouldnt those traction bars bind up when the rear axle compresses or extends from the frame? The mounting point on the frame never moves while the mount on on the axle will have an arch pattern up and down thus moving the axle forward and back slightly or at least try to move it.

I'm basically looking at them just like the driveshaft. THe driveshaft has a means to move in and out of a fixed part while the bars do not.

I know car use traction bars, well, at least the old school guys do, but the suspension travel is minimal in cars.

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not suspension expert but wouldnt those traction bars bind up when the rear axle compresses or extends from the frame? The mounting point on the frame never moves while the mount on on the axle will have an arch pattern up and down thus moving the axle forward and back slightly or at least try to move it.

I'm basically looking at them just like the driveshaft. THe driveshaft has a means to move in and out of a fixed part while the bars do not.

I know car use traction bars, well, at least the old school guys do, but the suspension travel is minimal in cars.

How will the leaf spring let it move in that arch pattern tho?...I see your concern but even without the traction bar the leaf spring wont let the axle move front to back...no different than say a Pro Comp traction bar setup....in fact look at a standard coil sprung axle, they use a 5 link style setup and even then the axle can't move front to back...that's how I see it anyways

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does move in an arc. But it's negligible, that's why the traction bars are so long, to minimize the binding. But it will bind at some point.
Even the 5 link systems move in an arc. This always SOME for and aft movement. Just not as much as you think.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does move in an arc. But it's negligible, that's why the traction bars are so long, to minimize the binding. But it will bind at some point.
Even the 5 link systems move in an arc. This always SOME for and aft movement. Just not as much as you think.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Agreed

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent job! I'm on gmfullsize also, last year a few guys were going to put on a spokane meet and greet, definitely won't be till spring....my truck doesn't see weather LOL, I'll let you know when it is if your interested. Would be nice to get together a group of NICE trucks in the PNW instead of all the mud truck/wheelers around here.

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent job! I'm on gmfullsize also, last year a few guys were going to put on a spokane meet and greet, definitely won't be till spring....my truck doesn't see weather LOL, I'll let you know when it is if your interested. Would be nice to get together a group of NICE trucks in the PNW instead of all the mud truck/wheelers around here.

Oh man you don't know how awesome that would be!...I'm not in to the whole mudding scene, I like having a clean truck too much. A meet and greet would be sweet man definitely let me know if by a would...