2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barsaloubca

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to forums and this site. I have seen a lot of nice trucks on here that look like they have had some quality work done. I have very little mechanical experience and am starting to get parts so I may get my 95 C1500 r.c.l.b. to lay frame. I have a small budget right now as I am saving for both a wedding and a garage(house). I am not expecting to get as much done as I would like as I am not allowed to do any vehicle work at the condo I rent and therefore must keep my vehicle driveable when I do get a chance to work on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have already purchased a parts truck that has good doors, box and front fender. I have taken the trans from parts truck for my 5.0.
2 questions I have right now are;
1. What brand of drop spindles would be best to buy?
2. Does anyone know the min. dimensions for C notches to lay frame with 22's? (I like how the nfamus 3 link kit notches look)
Thanks for now!

Reaction score
Read up on builds... theres a lot of kits out. You will end up having to weld some, so knowing someone with a welder will save some money :) But mainly study on doing it.. decide how you want yours and what you can budget.. then good planning. You can bag it and drive it at the same time. Mine is a daily and ive bagged and bodied it while having to drive it to work. Weekends will be your best friend and Holidays :) Its possible, just takes a little longer..lol Seeing your truck makes me miss my old C2500 :(
Anyways... Welcome! Good people here, and good info.. Hope you enjoy :)

barsaloubca

Reaction score
Thanks! I have a miller xmt 150 (stick/ tig) and during work I can use the fluxcore / metalcore machine for small projects. I have been reading up whenever posible the last month or two, with lots still to learn! I hope to take ds fender off my parts truck 1 day after work then install it this weekend alberta weather permitting. I will post some newer pics then

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

barsaloubca

Reaction score
I have thought about a static drop and as sweet as being low is I need to be able to rise up to get past some of the speedbumps and steep inclines into parking lots around town. Are any/many of the Canadians from the Edmonton area? I have passed the odd bagged truck in Alberta but not very many.

barsaloubca

Reaction score
Didnt get a chance to get my fender b4 heading out to the inlaws house but I getto put my summers on despite it snowing yesterday. Not sure the brand name but the rubber is hankook 265/35r22 102w .
You must be registered for see images

barsaloubca

Reaction score
Got fenders off today. Also took grill light benchseat seatbelts and half the ac out. Still need the doors off 1 and box off the other

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure the brand wheels either, but they are a knock off of the Ferretti Tuscany