2/4 or 3/4 Drop Kit, what size tires for Rally 15"s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave454ss

Reaction score
Thanks...makes sense...So the moral of the story is stick with a Belltech Spindle and life is good. track width isnt too big a deal for me, My research indicates I'll be needing 1-3/4" +/- Spacers/Adapters to get those wheels on to begin with so wider track really just means thinner adapter for me.

Love your truck BTW Sewlow...Back when I had my 454SS I wanted Impala SS wheels in the worst way...

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My front is dropped 3'' with DJM LCAs with a 15'' rally 235/70/15 no issues at all. Still on stock shocks up front and rides perfect.

Bryan Dees

Reaction score
I've never had any personal experience with drop LCAs.
From what I've gather, there is nothing wrong with them when used on their own.
It's when they are combined with other methods of lowering is when they start to cause issues.
The deeper pocket for the spring becomes the lowest point when used with drop spindles. So, ground clearance is even less than with a spindle/spring combo. Lowering creates enough probs to begin with. Why add to the situation?
Drop LCAs with drop springs creates camber/castor/bump steer issues for your alignment guy.
Along with those same ground clearance probs.
At least, those are the probs that I've learned from hanging around here over the years. I'm sure there are members with more info in this area that could pipe in with actual experience.

Sewlow,

DJM claims that their LCA's paired with their UCA's remove all camber, castor and bump issue and ensure a "stock" ride experience. They also claim that with both of those in place alignment isn't an issue.

I was wondering if you knew of anyone that has this particular setup, or if anyone else does please chime in. I've had their 2/4 LCA kit and two UCA's in the cart on their site for 2 weeks and can't make a decision. All my life I've always heard BT is the way to go, but I was wanting to get rid of the iron under there and go tubular, lightweight stuff. Also thought it was a good idea because I need new bushings and ball joints, and their kit comes with all those included.

I'm not saying your wrong and their right, most companies will advertise what they need to in order to get you to buy their products, the real story is with people that have used them.

Sadly, I don't know enough about it to be able to tell just by reading forums, and websites because lots of people have lots of preferences and opinions, and it can get confusing for us simple minded folk.

Anyone that has insight please share what you know or have experienced.

Thanks!

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sewlow,

DJM claims that their LCA's paired with their UCA's remove all camber, castor and bump issue and ensure a "stock" ride experience. They also claim that with both of those in place alignment isn't an issue.

I was wondering if you knew of anyone that has this particular setup, or if anyone else does please chime in. I've had their 2/4 LCA kit and two UCA's in the cart on their site for 2 weeks and can't make a decision. All my life I've always heard BT is the way to go, but I was wanting to get rid of the iron under there and go tubular, lightweight stuff. Also thought it was a good idea because I need new bushings and ball joints, and their kit comes with all those included.

I'm not saying your wrong and their right, most companies will advertise what they need to in order to get you to buy their products, the real story is with people that have used them.

Sadly, I don't know enough about it to be able to tell just by reading forums, and websites because lots of people have lots of preferences and opinions, and it can get confusing for us simple minded folk.

Anyone that has insight please share what you know or have experienced.

Thanks!

Like I mentioned I run DJM LCAs in the front for my 3'' drop and have no issues at all. Rides perfect. Stock shocks up front and original UCAs also.

Bryan Dees

Reaction score
Like I mentioned I run DJM LCAs in the front for my 3'' drop and have no issues at all. Rides perfect. Stock shocks up front and original UCAs also.

Thanks Richard! I'm guilty of not reading the whole thread, I just replied to Sewlow's post.

That makes me feel better about the DJM kit.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Richard! I'm guilty of not reading the whole thread, I just replied to Sewlow's post.

That makes me feel better about the DJM kit.
I went with DJM because somebody I know has it and his rides perfect, mine rides perfect also. My only complaint is my rear is not low enough but I am looking into fixing that. I talked to sewlow about it and believe my truck was actually a little higher than normal to begin with. Might be my leaf springs, not for sure. But the DJM stuff is great quality I haven't heard many complaints about their products.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I have cut front (lifted) springs with stock upper and lower control arms and an axle flip in the rear with 255/60/15's all around. However, front rims are 15x7 and rears are 15x8.

No rubbing and drives pretty nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see that the front tires bulge just a bit on the skinnier front rims but fit pretty nice on the wider rears. Future plans are to move the rear 15x8's with the same 255's to the front and then run a 15x10 with 295/50/15's for the rear. The height difference between the two tire sizes are like barely a 1/4", I think 0.20" to be exact.

Last edited:

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have cut front (lifted) springs with stock upper and lower control arms and an axle flip in the rear with 255/60/15's all around. However, front rims are 15x7 and rears are 15x8.

No rubbing and drives pretty nice.

You can see that the front tires bulge just a bit on the skinnier front rims but fit pretty nice on the wider rears. Future plans are to move the rear 15x8's with the same 255's to the front and then run a 15x10 with 295/50/15's for the rear. The height difference between the two tire sizes are like barely a 1/4", I think 0.20" to be exact.

Looks good. I like the black grille. And the wheels. I actually have the same, how can I tell if my front wheels are skinnier than the back? I know my front tires are smaller but I just always assumed all 4 wheels were 15x8. You made me start to wonder lol. Is there a stamp or anything on these?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Looks good. I like the black grille. And the wheels. I actually have the same, how can I tell if my front wheels are skinnier than the back? I know my front tires are smaller but I just always assumed all 4 wheels were 15x8. You made me start to wonder lol. Is there a stamp or anything on these?
Thanks! You can usually tell by the offset of the rims. The deeper-dish looking rims would most likely be the wider size but otherwise there should be some sort of marking/identification on the back of the wheel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I ended up going with the CMS 3/4 drop using springs, shackle/hangers, and new shocks. Not too worried about the ride that 3" drop springs will give me since this truck will mostly be a tow vehicle or straight line runner. So no stock wheel fitment issues to worry about.

ArdentFab, truck looks great! Might see each other in the area sometime, I'm over here in Plano. Lol