1999 Tahoe fuel pump EP381 swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, he's not likely to get into a rollover collision. Yes, even if the truck does roll wheels-up, it may not rupture the gas tank. But if it does, the consequences are so horrific that it boggles the mind. I figure he's ego-hurt now. But however peeved he is, he's also forced to think of wife and kids and the potential devastation this could cause.

Even cars that do have engineered-in, reinforced and sealed access holes, tend to have them in the trunk, not in the passenger compartment. I know an Audi like this. One hopes that there's a firewall between trunk and back-seat.

Maybe not today, maybe not this month...but he's likely to fix the hole, and be back here either under this user-name, or another one.

And if not...I don't control his actions. I've done what I can--he's absolutely, positively been warned of potential danger.

Mission Accomplished.

E-gads

Reaction score
I think the first part of this thread was deleted. Starts off with hercimer01 saying "Ya'll can **** off". I thought that was a pretty good opening post but I was , admittedly, confused by it. And then it gets better with Schurkey going on his rant. Now I don't disagree with him on the fire hazard part and it is of great concern. But I felt like I was reading the script from a Michael Bay movie. My biggest problem is that how do you adequately clean the fuel tank through a hole in the floor? You don't clean out the tank, you're going to be buying more fuel pumps down the road. Removing the tank from the Tahoes and Yukons is not that hard as long as you remember to jack up the truck and support it in a way that allows the rear axle to hang down.

Last edited: