1999 K2500 Suburban - Hydroboost leaking, replace or upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

castine917

Reaction score
I left the lines attached.

Also, +1 on the filter, I should do that too. I'd done a full purge on the PS last year and I still found this in the HB.

You must be registered for see images attach

Red because I dumped 2 bottles of Lucas in an attempt to kick the can on fixing the leak until I got home.
I left brake lines attached. I removed steering lines.

castine917

Reaction score
Id be putting a magnetic filter in a hydroboost system 100% just because it has a fluid loop from a pump which esp aftermarket ones often arent high quality and metal debris can quickly start circulating with pump failures or defects or high heat and wrong fluid choices etc etc.

what kind of pump you got? Regular saginaw with the hydrboost reservoir? is the flow control valve from your original pump or is it the one that came with it?

excess GPM and pressure do one thing when you account for time and miles.
wear the things they circulate through. especially if its got metal.
I don’t remember which style pump it is. I never did anything for flow control valve so have no idea about that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on this issue? My new-to-us crew cab just blew a seal in the hydro boost,cause it's not leaking from the lines. It just dumped fluid in the driveway,and lost steering assist ( not fun at all on this big truck!).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on this issue? My new-to-us crew cab just blew a seal in the hydro boost,cause it's not leaking from the lines. It just dumped fluid in the driveway,and lost steering assist ( not fun at all on this big truck!).

Likely the same seal I esploded on the dually, start with post #718.